Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day off makeover

Today I hear my alarm blasting in my ear at 7:00. signaling me to get up and start getting ready for work. So i proceed to follow my daily routine. As I lay in my bed with my eyes closed trying to figure out what I'm gonna wear that day... I don't like to get up until i know what I'm gonna wear. (I know, i know i should get up and open my eyes as soon as i hear my alarm ring but I'm lazy. Yet, that's probably why I'm always late ). Anyway, When i finally have an outfit in mind, i crawl out of bed, groggy and buggery-eyed still. i walk over and flick the light switch and then something alarming happens...  something just isn't right, so i check my phone to confirm my suspicious. As i read my calendar, there it is... the three letter abbreviation I love to see it's Wed !!!!!!!!!!! my mind is ecstatic. My bed awaits me. 3 more hours of my favorite hobby ....sleep. Today is my day off whoop whoop yea yea!!, as my cousin Valeria likes to say...

When i finally wake from a full sleep, my batteries are recharged . An incoming call from my sister, hummm what could be better than bonding time. She says to me "its dollar day at the home fabrics store",  whaaaaat???  my eyes light up. My day just keeps getting better and better. We decide to spend our day doing our second favorite hobby which is makeover !!  but no, not for us, we are already stunning . A makeover for my bench! Yes, my bench you read correctly. It's in my room and i need to make it look fabulous. I will make the world complete again, just you wait and see.

Meet my bench. .  


This fabric selection... ummm as much as I like flower girls and/or picnics. This isn't my ideeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!- in my singing voice (from the swan princess) c'mon you know this ;D


My sister, mom, and i took a trip to our neighborhood home-depot. Upon entering a sales guy tried to hit on us on our way to the paint aisle ....but we evaded him and continued on our quest to find the spray paint. when we arrive we discuss what type of white is the best choice. I went with off white in satin finish. I proceeded to scan my item and "please show cashier ID " pops up on the screen ...""ugh, I don't have time for this, i have a makeover to do people !!"".
My mom wanted to go check out the plants so we went to the garden area. There, she told me and my sister that my dad's "Guava had dried out too"  bahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaha my sister and i laughed through the garden aisle and everyone looked at us funny . she said "silly girls i meant his guava tree in the back yard dirty little minds". We still couldn't stop laughing.

Enough of my ramblings.... So i took my bench outside. I borrowed one of my dads screwdrivers to loosen up the base of the bench. Now she is ready for her spray down. Wait, first i laid this painter's plastic on the floor to make sure and not get paint all over it.  



Paint evenly and not too close you don't want paint to run down and clump.
If you need to do two coats go for it. (excuse my ugly hair)
 Lay down your fabric on a flat surface . Next, guesstimate how much fabric you will need to cover the desired area. Use a lil more than you think you will need. It can always be trimmed off later. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Use sharp scissors. It will help cut evenly.

With a handy-dandy staple gun. Staple the fabric to the wood. Make sure and pull the fabric tight. Also , make sure the fabric is straight . So if you have lines like i do they don't look crooked,  nobody likes squiggly lines they can make you feel sea sick jk.


Then screw the legs onto the wood board. Ummmmh that just sounds naughty . well, you know what i mean.


Here is the finished item completely amazing i know. You never thought something so great could be achieved. But here it is!!! New and improved bench. Yes, i brought you back to life. Thank me later honey.

 I use my bench to display my perfumes. Easy access in the mornings and looks so couture. Hey, maybe this will help me wake up faster in the mornings, knowing i have something cute to look at . Just might to the trick. I'll let you know if it helps me get out of bed .

1 comment: