Saturday, November 13, 2010

A house is home

Today I am thankful for our home ... Yes it's been a struggle but life came full circle for us,, we are thankful and together!

Growing up we had it pretty good. I'll admit it, my dad has always spoiled his girls...we are his pride and joy and most of the time we get we want and if he cant get it for us or better yet he will build it . jk but no really he will do what he can to make us happy ... then something happened...

On August 10th 2003 Our family had a terrible car accident. My Dad had terrible headaches for weeks and finally the chiropractor suggested my dad have the doctor do a scan on his head. He developed a blood clog in his head from being impacted in the car accident .. later it was decided he needed to get surgery... both of my parents were unable to work for months while he recovered. Meanwhile the bills kept piled up so we were forced to move from our beloved house

I think i must have been in high school when my parents decided to relocate our family to the dun dun dun "stick" house. That my dear, was not fun. In fact, I thought my life was over when my dad showed us where we would soon be living ... I remember it like it was yesterday, He packed us girls up in our lil Chrysler and drove us up the street made a few turns then on Extension Rd a right then a quick left. He slowed the car to a creep and pointed at the shack and said "There it is! this is our new house..."

I laughed and shouted "What! Dad show us the house, stop being funny..." bahbahhah "this house is fugly!" . He stopped smiling and said "Blanca this is the house ... "

"Look dad this isn't funny i am not going in there" I hate it ! I'm not living inside that !,, and what are those sticks for? (the 2 by 4's framing the cart port) Is this even a real house?? I was mad. At that point i wanted him to look back at us, smile and say "just kidding girls!! I tricked you" and drive to the house that really was ours. ...
but he didn't do that. That house was the one we would live in for the next 4 years. :(

For the longest time i was mad at my dad ...why would he do this to us? make us live in such and ugly house? ssoooo mean i thought ... it even had mice when we first got there ..

Ok let me try to explain this monstrosity of a house.. it was a two bedroom house. who makes a two bedroom house ?? like c'mon that's like and apartment and a small lil laundry room and a kitchen ohhhh but wait! there was a pool; a very empty and dirty pool. There was also a big ole back yard for my dad the handy man to store all his tools. (which by the way we where robbed a total of about 5 times in that house). Don't let me forget the carport area- yea i said carport because the house was so old they probably didn't even make garages back when this house was first built. anyway that was being built into rooms , should i mention that took like 20 million years to get built....

Long story short, i had to sleep on the fold out couch for over a year and cuz i started to have back problems. They put a real bed in the living room and that became "my room".

there is so much more stuff i could complain about in regards to this house but I'm not gonna bother. We live in an awesome house now and there is no use looking back.. I'm happy and will be thankful for our blessings. After what happened yesterday at my sisters house (her evil toilet flooded her house luckily everything is fine now) i am glad that as a family we have been blessed to have a roof over our heads we are all alive after that terrible accident. And now we don't have to worry about a mortgage or a loan being kicked out or an embarrassing house.

We are lucky its true...

No comments:

Post a Comment